Monday 9 May 2011

In progress: Trumpeter M1A1 Abrams with Mine Plow 1/35 Pt.7


In Progress:  Been a while since I last posted an update for my Abrams build.  As can be seen the Echelon decals have been applied. They were very thin and settle down snuggly.  

Just to gauge how the model would look finished, I attached the equipment and stores with Blu-Tac. Originally,  I planned on just using Tamiya's Modern US equipment set which is fine but the seams and the hollow backs found on some of the equipment was proving too much of a chore to fix.  So I chose to make a few items from scrap material and a  plastic shopping bag to replicate the sort of things seen and carried by Abram's  tank crews during OIF.  

There are still parts to be added or that have broken off during this build which I will attend to shortly.

More updates to follow.